You are not logged in.

#1 2011-03-29 17:02:38

Giniu
Package Maintainer (PM)
Website

Anyone with serial wacom device? New device binding to test.

Hi all,

I maintain the linuxwacom-bamboo-cth-ctl AUR package (and friends, input-wacom, input-wacom-git, xf86-input-wacom-git). The new kernel module input-wacom 0.10.11 is now built with the new InputAttach tool (introduced not long ago), which performs binding of /dev/ttyS# to USB-like /dev/input/event#. I don't have any serial device around so I cannot test it or find best way to configure it, that's why I'd like to ask if someone who have serial wacom device could take a look at this and check if it works at all smile It sounds like nice feature because it would unify device handling and make the device compatible with more stuff (I guess).

What you need:
- the linuxwacom-bamboo-cth-ctl 0.10.11-5 AUR package (contains both kernel module from input-wacom and X driver from xf86-input-wacom, together with udev rules and some Bamboo related patches) - preferred method as you get newer X driver (0.10.11 instead of 0.10.8 from extra or 0.10.9 from testing) - https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=31540
- read the short info that shows after installation of linuxwacom-bamboo-cth-ctl or even better go to http://linuxwacom.git.sourceforge.net/g … ach/README for detailed description of inputattach.
- input-wacom 0.10.11-1 AUR package and xf86-input-wacom from testing (it's still 2 versions behind, but could be enough but I don't guarantee that)

Would be cool to see some feedback about this.

Andrzej.

My GPG fingerprint: 7170 26A9 D477 9FC5 3940  7266 40F5 57B7 3149 6106

#2 2011-04-25 12:17:12

mandos
Website

Re: Anyone with serial wacom device? New device binding to test.

Giniu I got a Wacom PenPartner from a friend last week. He was about to trash it and I wanted to se if it works on Arch.

However this is the first time in my life with a wacom tablet (or a tablet in general) so I don't know how to set it up. Atm I'm looking for info. I'll try your packages and I'll give as much feedback as I can!

Board footer