You are not logged in.

#1 2011-03-29 20:58:11

kolbycrouch

Compiz and QtCurve

I seem to be having this problem when Im using compiz's kde4-window-decorator and I cant move windows with qtcurve kwin decoration for some reason.
Yes I have move in my compiz config as im able to move windows with oxygen deco and plastik deco, so is there any known way to fix this? this is the first time i've experienced such a problem.

#2 2011-03-29 21:21:36

ANOKNUSA

Re: Compiz and QtCurve

When you say it's the first time you've experienced this issue, do you mean you've successfully used QtCurve decorations in the past with Compiz?  The QC decorations utilize several Kwin-specific extra plugins (grouping, removal from maximized windows, border size).  Both Plastik and Oxygen are native KDE decorations, whereas QC is a third-party theme engine.  I've had issues moving and resizing Arorae and Smaragd decorations with Compiz before, likely because they use a different code base than usual.  If you want the QtCurve feel (which is kinda GTK-ish), you might need to use Emerald.

#3 2011-03-30 04:33:10

kolbycrouch

Hmm, your probably right, im not sure if i've used qtcurve with compiz before, emerald is alright, its just that im fond of the qtcurve decoration. Its just that kwin is so horribly slow, and cairo-compmgr doesnt seem to do well with plasma.

#4 2011-03-30 05:40:04

eDio

Had this problem too. Youd better ask QtCurve author, you can find him on kde-look.org

Board footer