You are not logged in.

#1 2011-03-30 20:11:18

pritamps

Gnome shell network manager issues

I'm running nm-applet on Gnome Shell. A recent update solved my problems of clicks not registering in nm-applet.

However, there are still some issues which means I'm still using 'nmcli' to connect to networks:

1/ The list of connections is not scrollable. At home, even though my wireless network has the strongest signal, it's not listed near the top. In fact, it's listed below the bottom of the screen (there are a lot of wireless networks) and there's no way to get to it!
2/ It doesn't accurately show available networks. This maybe a "Suspend" issue, but the list of networks that nm-applet shows is not up to date. It shows my home network when I'm at work and random networks which are currently not in range too.

Is there some open bug report about this or is this something I've done?

Also, 'nmcli con list' seems to list saved networks and not available networks. Is that the intended behavior?
EDIT: The man page for nmcli does say this is the intended behavior and 'nmcli dev wifi list' is what I was looking for...

Last edited by pritamps (2011-03-30 20:34:48)

#2 2011-04-03 15:19:55

pritamps

Re: Gnome shell network manager issues

BUMP..

The above behavior hasn't changed even after a few updates. Is anybody else experiencing these issues?

Will it help if I delete all the network manager config files? I'm thinking it might be some conflict of config files between nmcli and nm-applet...

Board footer