You are not logged in.

#1 2011-04-02 04:13:28

BAJ716

Arch/truecrypt/vbox/WXP issue

Not sure where the problem lies with this one.

I have two directories in my home setup as shares in my vbox WXP VMs.  Both work fine when navigating with Explorer in the guest.  However, I would like to map drive letters to a few folders to speed up navigation, this is where I run into trouble.

One of the shares maps just fine, the other does not. 

The one that won't map to a drive letter has a truecrypt volume mounted in it, I suspect this is the cause.  When I try to map it to a drive letter it pops up a login window with user "guest" and is looking for a password.  No idea what to enter here.  I tried nothing, my root password, and my user password, no dice.  I'm not sure where to start with this.

Like I said, the weird thing is that I can open Explorer and navigate to both shared folders just fine, so I wouldn't think it would be anything on the Arch/truecrypt side, but the truecrypt mount is the one difference I've identified between the shares.

Any ideas?

thanks,
-Brad

#2 2011-04-04 17:59:58

BAJ716

Re: Arch/truecrypt/vbox/WXP issue

It's working now.  Weird, I didn't do anything different, just browsing various folders on the share through Explorer and suddenly it worked.  I'm going to check the "reconnect at logon" so hopefully it continues working.

I cannot map a drive to a sub folder of the share though, although that's true of either of my existing shares.

Cheers,
-Brad

Board footer