You are not logged in.

#26 2011-07-20 09:36:44

skanky

Re: Uzbl v jumanji v surf v luakit

...and xxxterm...

"...one cannot be angry when one looks at a penguin."  - John Ruskin
"Life in general is a bit shit, and so too is the internet. And that's all there is." - scepticisle

#27 2011-07-20 15:35:25

Stalafin

jakob wrote:

and jumanji…

Could be better working though ... nothing yet beats the "link hinting" as Pentadactyl does for Firefox does.

Jumanji's self-developed link hinting works quite well in as far as it displays the hints for all links (as compared to the plugin which was floating around before), but the hinting is oft misplaced so you can't really tell what link the hint belongs to.

#28 2011-07-20 15:37:56

jakob

Stalafin wrote:
jakob wrote:

and jumanji…

Could be better working though ... nothing yet beats the "link hinting" as Pentadactyl does for Firefox does.

Jumanji's self-developed link hinting works quite well in as far as it displays the hints for all links (as compared to the plugin which was floating around before), but the hinting is oft misplaced so you can't really tell what link the hint belongs to.

You might want to try luakit then, it can follow a link if you type enough letters to identify it unambigiously, which is, I assume, what you mean by link hinting?

#29 2011-07-20 18:33:06

jasonwryan
Anarchist
Website

jakob wrote:
Stalafin wrote:
jakob wrote:

and jumanji…

You might want to try luakit then, it can follow a link if you type enough letters to identify it unambigiously, which is, I assume, what you mean by link hinting?

As does Vimprobable.

Arch + dwm   •   Mercurial repos  •   Surfraw

Registered Linux User #482438

#30 2011-07-20 20:32:11

Stalafin

jasonwryan wrote:
jakob wrote:
Stalafin wrote:

As does Vimprobable.

I checked out Vimprobable2 (after reading your blog, jason) and I am a little disappointed. Although it seems to be a great browser, the hinting does not really work well. On Gmail, it completely breaks, unfortunately.

#31 2011-07-20 20:47:47

jasonwryan
Anarchist
Website

Yes: all of the Google sites only work in pass-through mode (and then only to varying degrees). As I only access Google resources through other protocols (like IMAP) it doesn't really bother me.

Having said that, the homepage does give you a very clear steer that Google isn't high on the priority list smile

Arch + dwm   •   Mercurial repos  •   Surfraw

Registered Linux User #482438

Board footer