You are not logged in.

#1 2011-04-05 18:13:03

lagagnon
Website

[Solved] Forcing app to use Rear Out from soundcard

I have a C-Media CMI8738 soundcard. It has Front, Rear and Center Out channels. I am using the soundcard for PSK31, an amateur radio digital mode. The Line In and Sound Out are used to drive a shortwave radio. I would like to use the Rear Out channels from the PSK31 application so that I do not have to switch plugs and change the volume levels when I want to listen to normal audio out from my speakers.

Is there any way with alsa to force a specific application to use certain channels - in this case the Rear Out channels??

Last edited by lagagnon (2011-04-06 02:07:32)

Philosophy is looking for a black cat in a dark room. Metaphysics is looking for a black cat in a dark room that isn't there. Religion is looking for a black cat in a dark room that isn't there and shouting "I found it!". Science is looking for a black cat in a dark room with a flashlight.

#2 2011-04-06 02:07:14

lagagnon
Website

Re: [Solved] Forcing app to use Rear Out from soundcard

Thanks to "heftig" on IRC #archlinux this might work:
http://alsa.opensrc.org/.asoundrc#Split … ar_outputs

Philosophy is looking for a black cat in a dark room. Metaphysics is looking for a black cat in a dark room that isn't there. Religion is looking for a black cat in a dark room that isn't there and shouting "I found it!". Science is looking for a black cat in a dark room with a flashlight.

Board footer