You are not logged in.

#1 2011-04-06 01:34:26

kdotj

iPhone4 not mounting correctly in KDE

Hey everyone,
I know this has come up before, and I have searched through the forum as well as using Google, but everything I have found doesn't work for me.

The problem:
I want to use iTunes in VirtualBox for my iPhone

I have VirtualBox with a windows guest, but it only installs my iPhone as a camera, not an iPhone and iTunes won't see it.
I think this is due to Arch only seeing my iPhone as a camera? Therefore the Windows guest OS cannot see it more than a camera?

After a lot of research, I have installed the following packages:
- gvfs-afc
- usbmuxd
- libplist
- libimobiledevice

These seem to fix the issue for other people.
I rebooted and plugged in my iPhone. Arch still saw it and mounted it as a camera...
I can open it in dolphin (via the Device Manager) and see a folder in it, but no actual files.

Is this down to me using KDE? As I said, these packages seemed to fix the issue for most others, but who seemed to be using Gnome.

If anyone knows of a solution I'd be forever grateful, this is getting frustrating now as I can't put anything into my phone...

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by kdotj (2011-04-06 01:34:51)

#2 2011-04-06 01:52:10

LungFungus

Re: iPhone4 not mounting correctly in KDE

I believe there is a setting for VirtualBox that allows you to choose usb ports for the guest OS, you should look into that, I'll try to as well.

fortune -o

#3 2011-04-06 02:49:14

kdotj

Re: iPhone4 not mounting correctly in KDE

Thanks for your quick reply,
I have checked out the USB settings for my virtualbox and all seem to be ok. I have tried it with a mixture of filters (eg. No filters, one filter set ad my iPhone with serial number etc, one filter as a generic USB filter) etc, and each one I try the iPhone still shows as a device in the Windows guest, but the same problem occurs, it mounts as a camera.

It's rather frustrating, and it probably serves me right for buying an iPhone tongue
There must be a way...

Board footer