You are not logged in.

#1 2011-04-06 18:51:21

Włóczymyśl
Website

Package conflict

I installed pycairo-xcb-git package from AUR as it was told to do in QTile (windows manager) guide. It was in conflict with python2-cairo and needed to delete the 2nd so I agreed and forgot - everything was working fine. Now, when I'm trying to update packages with Pacman, it's trying to install python2-cairo to solve some dependencies... and to do that, it want me to delete pycairo-xcb-git which I can't do as some cutting-edge functions of this package are used in QTile. Pacman is not going to update my system till the dependencies will be solved so what I could do is to install python2-cairo, update the system and then reinstall back to pycairo-xcb-git... but that's just not raw. Any thoughts? I was pretty sure that pycairo-xcb-git is python2-cairo plus some additional functions but I see it now as incompatible but still with the same "pycairo" name so you need to chose... stupid. ;c

#2 2011-04-06 20:54:00

litemotiv
Forum Fellow

Re: Package conflict

You should ask the maintainer of the pycairo-xcb-git package to update his pkgbuild:

http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=43939

The provides-line now has pycairo=1.8.10 which should be python2-cairo=1.8.10

ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

#3 2011-04-07 15:20:28

Włóczymyśl
Website

Can I just change it in the file by myself and then build it?

I informed the maintainer though.

Thanks!

#4 2011-04-07 15:53:17

ewaller
Administrator

Włóczymyśl wrote:

Can I just change it in the file by myself and then build it?

I informed the maintainer though.

Thanks!

Absolutely.  You can also post the diff as comments back to the AUR page.   I have a couple things in AUR, and I know I would appreciate it.  Also, if the maintainer does not choose to include the changes, for whatever reason, at least they are visible (and useful) to anyone else who find themselves in your situation.

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

Board footer