You are not logged in.

#1 2011-04-07 15:50:25

kdorf

[SOLVED] Gnome notification area has wrong background color

I'm using the Shiki-Brave theme on Gnome and all (yes, all) of the tray icons have the wrong background color.  The color changes slighty if I select another Shiki theme, but is pretty close to the default gray.  Strangely, I only have this issue on my desktop at home -- none of my other machines (two laptops and a desktop at work) exhibit the problem.  I have ensured that the theme is exactly the same on all machines.  Another oddity is that other themes (e.g. high contrast inverse) have the right background color!

The only thing I have managed to find via Google is a bug report against Gnome.  Here is what I have tried:

* Removing and readding the applet to the panel.
* Blowing away all my settings (rm -rf .gnome2 .gconf .gconfd .local) and setting things up again.  To be sure I did not miss anything, I also tried creating a new user with a clean home.  Still the same issue.
* Removing and reinstalling all of the gnome and gnome_extra groups.  I even cleared the pacman cache to force a redownload.

Any ideas?  I'm at a loss on what to try next.

Thanks!

Last edited by kdorf (2011-04-09 06:29:51)

#2 2011-04-09 06:29:35

kdorf

Re: [SOLVED] Gnome notification area has wrong background color

I figured out the problem.

I have an NVIDIA card and I recently modified my X server to use Xinerama instead of TwinView.  Xinerama was responsible for all this nastiness.  Reverting to TwinView fixed the problem (and some other weird ones that started popping up).

Those of you with NVIDIA cards, avoid Xinerama!

Board footer