You are not logged in.

#1 2011-04-09 07:32:32

CPUnltd
Website

Ran into a problem with my Canon Pixma MG5200 printer (net settings)

for the last week or so, I have not been able to print to my networked printer.  I see it just fine, but nothing happens when I print.  I decided today to try to fix the issue, which lead me to attempt removing and replacing the printer in CUPS.  This failed miserably and I am now unable to add the printer back to my system.  It is connecting to my router just fine, but CUPS is not seeing it when I go to add a network printer.  Checked my router to make sure it was still in my access list by MAC address, navigated the printer's menu to make sure it was connected to the router (which it most definitely is) and I still get nothing... not sure what else I can do to deal with this issue.

Help grow the dev population... have your tech trained and certified!

#2 2011-04-09 15:45:05

lagagnon
Website

Re: Ran into a problem with my Canon Pixma MG5200 printer (net settings)

Start by analyzing the CUPS logs at /var/log/cups, there might be something in there that will give you a clue. If not post those logs to a pastebin somewhere and let us have a look at them.

Philosophy is looking for a black cat in a dark room. Metaphysics is looking for a black cat in a dark room that isn't there. Religion is looking for a black cat in a dark room that isn't there and shouting "I found it!". Science is looking for a black cat in a dark room with a flashlight.

#3 2011-04-09 16:10:45

CPUnltd
Website

this is my error log for today... none of it points to anything obvious to me...

http://cpunltd.pastebin.com/hQuUJJCw

#4 2011-04-09 18:37:47

lagagnon
Website

I searched that avahi dnssd error message for you and found this:

https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=737161

There appears to be a solution towards the bottom of that thread.

Philosophy is looking for a black cat in a dark room. Metaphysics is looking for a black cat in a dark room that isn't there. Religion is looking for a black cat in a dark room that isn't there and shouting "I found it!". Science is looking for a black cat in a dark room with a flashlight.

#5 2011-04-10 05:53:41

CPUnltd
Website

made the change, but doesn't fix my issue of not being able to re-add the printer... will play around with the printer to make sure it's on and actively connected, but at this point, that fix does nothing for me... thanks though... I'm sure it fixed the printing problem I was having before I removed the printer...

Board footer