You are not logged in.

#1 2011-04-09 09:12:13

psajdi1

Samsung R530 - screen brightness

Hello. I've got a problem with my laptop Samsung R530. At first i apologize if the problem was solved on forum in the past, I just googled it, used forum search - found nothing.

So, when I'm disconnecting power from my laptop, screen brightness decreases, I know it is good becouse of energy saving, but when I'm putting power back, the screen brightness is still the same, the screen is still dark, I must restart laptop to get normal brightness.

Also, the problem shows when my screen turn off when I'm not using computer for some time, when I move mouse to turn it on again, the screen has lower brightness then it was before, it happens constantly, after each screen's turning off. After a couple turns off the screen is totally black so I need to restart the computer.

Also special buttons seems to doesn't work - Fn + Up Arrow, Down Arrow normally should set the level of brightness - the changing brightness windows shows up but nothing happens when I'm trying to change it. Im using XFCE, before I was using GNOME, still same problem, also during installation and after fresh install, when my system was only terminal, I had still the same problem.

Please, help me solve this problem.
Sorry for my bad english wink

Greetings, psajdi1

Last edited by psajdi1 (2011-04-09 09:13:29)

#2 2011-04-09 12:41:59

Meyithi
Website

Re: Samsung R530 - screen brightness

Samsung laptops are not currently supported by the kernel, kernel 2.6.39 should fix this however that is still approx 3 months away.

Have a look at the wiki, a search for samsung will bring up numerous articles, I use the scripts from https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Samsung_N150 to manage my brightness levels and can hopefully retire them once 2.6.39 is released.

Last edited by Meyithi (2011-04-09 12:42:36)

The mind roams more freely in empty rooms.
dwm - colours - ncmpcpp - system
irc://irc.freenode.net:meyithi

Board footer