You are not logged in.

#1 2011-04-10 16:17:09

zuargo

[Solved]Akonadi doesn't find QtSQL (but it is already installed)

Hello everyone

I have updated KDE to 4.6.2 on my Archlinux x86.

When I start KMail (1.13.6) I get this message:

Screenshot

The first line in the message catches my attention:

Databse driver not found
Details:
The QtSQL driver 'QMYSQL' is required by your current Akonadi server configuration.
The following drivers are installed: QSQLITE, QSQLITE3, QODBC3, QODBC, QPSQL7, QPSQL.
Make sure the required driver is installed.

So, I was reading here: http://userbase.kde.org/Akonadi_4.4/Tro … erequisite.

Considering that I have compiled Qt-4.7.2 by myself using an oficial PKGBUILD with a little changes (you can see it here), I have paid attention to this:

If you compile Qt4 yourself, make sure to tell the configure script to build in MySQL support by passing it the following option:
-plugin-sql-mysql

But if you see the PKGBUILD it has the flag:

-plugin-sql-{psql,mysql,sqlite,odbc}

I guess as that flag enabled the QtSQL driver on my system.

Also, the same web page says:

The driver you need is libqsqlmysql.so

So, I ran a command to see if that file exists on my system:

$ pacman -Ql | grep libqsqlmysql.so
qt /usr/lib/qt/plugins/sqldrivers/libqsqlmysql.so

As you see the file is on my system and it is provided by the package qt.

Furthermore, in the named web page, a little further down, of the text that I have cited, says:

Then configure and make as above. But the make install doesn't copy the driver. So you have to copy it by yourself:
cp <qt-src-dir>/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.6.0/plugins/sqldrivers/libqsqlmysql.so /usr/local/bin/sqldrivers/

As you see it says that the libqsqlmysql.so file must be copied to /usr/local/bin/sqldrivers/ (doesn't name a specific distribution) and if you look a little fhurter up, when I post the terminal output after running the pacman command, you will see that the named .so file, in my system, is on the route /usr/lib/qt/plugins/sqldrivers/.

Maybe this is the problem.

Plase help me, I have four email accounts and it is so tired to go account by account reading my emails. Becouse, also, and related to this latter thing, when kmail shows the error message I can't acces to the display area, there where you can read your emails. I just can acces to the main menu, here a screenshot:

Screenshot

Thanks in advance

Greetings

Last edited by zuargo (2011-04-13 17:18:54)

#2 2011-04-13 17:18:27

zuargo

Re: [Solved]Akonadi doesn't find QtSQL (but it is already installed)

You can see the solution for this issue here: http://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=94547

Board footer