You are not logged in.

#1 2011-04-10 22:19:26

Tux the penguin

mp3 albums in wrong order with correct id3 tags

I downloaded the compilation album, Death, A Destination by Demon Hunter off of Amazon. It's a collection of songs from their first 3 albums, so on my mp3 player (Cowon D2+) it comes up with the first song off each album, then the second song off of each, etc... :
1 - song name
1 - other song name
1 - yet another song name
2 - song name
2 other song name
I used easytag to change the album from Death, A Destination to the original album for each album. Now on my D2, the albums show up and have the correct songs, but all in the wrong order. The first album has the songs in the correct order, but the other two albums are in alphabetical order. I checked the tags and it seems like it should work correctly. All of the songs are in the same folder, not in specific folders for each album, but that shouldn't matter. I have the same issue on audacity, but I don't think it follows tag order. I assume it just goes in the order they are in the folder. I know this is a rather unimportant problem, but it is still kinda irritating to me, lol. So, is it something I did wrong with the tags or is it my player's fault. Also, I want it separated into the individual albums, otherwise I would just tag it in order from 1 - 35. Thanks.

EDIT: They come up in the correct order in Audacious, so it is a problem with my mp3 player I guess...

Last edited by Tux the penguin (2011-04-29 20:11:22)

I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.
MSI CR600 / 3GB Memory / 320GB HDD / Intel Pentium Dual-Core CPU T4200 @ 2.00 GHz | Archlinux x86_64

Board footer