You are not logged in.

#1 2011-04-15 05:16:37

silvernode

Strange looking panel in Gnome Shell

So I followed the wiki and upgraded to the testing version of Gnome 3. The install process worked flawlessly, I then typed gdm and was take to a login screen. However, at the desktop I noticed something was wrong with my top panel. Now I've seen videos and screenshots of Gnome-shell where the top panel is black. This is not the case with my gnome-shell, in mine the top panel  was orange. After a reboot the panel was no longer orange but something was still not right. Below is an image of what It now looks like. If anyone has any possible solutions, please let me know. Thanks

Selection_003.png

Edit: The problem seemed to be catalyst with my Radeon HD 3870. I have since switched to the open source ATI drivers and all gnome-shell looks and runs perfectly. Although before I mark this thread as solved, maybe someone has a solution for this issue while using catalyst on my card? If no replies appear in a few days I will mark it as solved.

Last edited by silvernode (2011-04-15 06:42:02)

#2 2011-04-15 05:23:54

ewaller
Administrator

Re: Strange looking panel in Gnome Shell

Moved to testing

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

#3 2011-04-15 05:35:08

silvernode

Re: Strange looking panel in Gnome Shell

ewaller wrote:

Moved to testing

My bad, thanks.

Board footer