You are not logged in.

#1 2005-04-16 05:25:34

Cam
Website

pacman gone all wonky

For some reason now, whenever I run pacman, -A to install a local package or -Syu or anything, I get at least one error like this.

error: /var/lib/pacman/local/xmms-imms-2.0.3-1/desc: No such file or directory

All the time, the operations continue as per normal, it works it's just doing that which is annoying. The start of this error coincides with me starting to use libpypac for some Python work, it always sets the package variable to xmms-imms. Easy workaround but annoying. Not sure if that would've caused the problem though. I've run abs to see if I can resync that directory but no luck. Anyideas as to whats causing this? I've reinstalled pacman with no luck.

Thanks smile

#2 2005-04-16 06:21:06

cactus
Taco Eater
Website

Re: pacman gone all wonky

libpypac is causing it/cause it, obviously.
You might try installing xmms-imms with pacman (might need --force), and then removing it if you don't want it. just to get pacman to clear its head.

"Be conservative in what you send; be liberal in what you accept." -- Postel's Law
"tacos" -- Cactus' Law
"t̥͍͎̪̪͗a̴̻̩͈͚ͨc̠o̩̙͈ͫͅs͙͎̙͊ ͔͇̫̜t͎̳̀a̜̞̗ͩc̗͍͚o̲̯̿s̖̣̤̙͌ ̖̜̈ț̰̫͓ạ̪͖̳c̲͎͕̰̯̃̈o͉ͅs̪ͪ ̜̻̖̜͕" -- -̖͚̫̙̓-̺̠͇ͤ̃ ̜̪̜ͯZ͔̗̭̞ͪA̝͈̙͖̩L͉̠̺͓G̙̞̦͖O̳̗͍

#3 2005-04-17 02:57:38

Cam
Website

Okay, tried that and when I try to remove it I get a few of the errors I posted above and

error: could not find xmms-imms in database

sad

#4 2005-04-17 03:25:55

T-Dawg
Forum Fellow

Your going to have to go back into your cache or from the site you got the package from and to get some info. It should however, be in your cache (/var/cache/pacman/pkg/).  First off make the missing directory in the local folder if it isn't already there (I assume its not or least something is missing in it).

mkdir /var/lib/pacman/local/xmms-imms-2.0.3-1

Next, your going to need the desc, depends, and files entries in that folder. Check out the syntax of the other files in the /var/lib/pacman/local folder. You will notice something like %DEPENDS% %REQUIREDBY% etc. with values underneath for each of the files.
Now go back to the tarball and open it up to get the info you need to put into each of those files. You should be looking for .FILELIST and .PKGINFO for everything you need. Once you finally get that finished you shouldn't have any more problems.

Board footer