You are not logged in.

#1 2011-04-19 08:45:20

kichi

Issue with running compiz + nvidia gforce 435 after last Syu upgrade

Hi everyone,

I have been running Arch with XFCE and compiz-fusion without any problems so far using the restricted NVIDIA driver. I use a DELL XPS15 with Nvidia GeForce 435M graphics card.  I did  pacman -Syu few days back (i should have checked the home page before doing that..coz now i saw a message about issue with nvidia cards).. Now the problem is that when I try to reinstall Nvidia driver  after the system update it says that it doesnt support ABI 10.1 and I should either downgrade to previous version of XOrg sever or look for new Nvidia restricted drivers which support ABI 10.1. I decided to go for Nouveau (installed nouveau-dri as well) and I was able to get back to my XFCE desktop.. But now am facing problem with compiz. whenever I try fusion-icon I am getting windows without title bar and key functions like alt+tab etc wont work. I double checked the CCSM configuration for window decorations and it seems fine (emerald --replace) .  this is the error i am getting while running compiz-fusion

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* No GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap with direct rendering context
... nor with indirect rendering, this isn't going to work!
* Using the GTK Interface
* Starting Compiz
... executing: compiz --replace --sm-disable --ignore-desktop-hints ccp
Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And this is the error when I tried glxgears

Error: couldn't get an RGB, Double-buffered visual

Here is my glxinfo

name of display: :0.0
Error: couldn't find RGB GLX visual or fbconfig

And I dont have a xorg.conf... After referring to few forums I tried a simple xorg.conf with this information

Section "Module"
        Load "glx"
        Load "dri"
EndSection

Section "Extensions"
        Option "Composite" "Enable"
EndSection

I really miss my compiz .. really appreciate any help with this..

Last edited by kichi (2011-04-19 08:48:03)

#2 2011-04-19 09:01:50

kichi

Re: Issue with running compiz + nvidia gforce 435 after last Syu upgrade

just some more info ..I also tried setting  LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT=1 and no luck sad

Board footer