You are not logged in.

#1 2005-04-20 11:56:23

zeppelin
Website

ftp mirror of ftp.archlinux.org that rsyncs often

most (if not all) mirrors of ftp.archlinux.org rsync every day. Now this is bad for those who want to a mirrof of ftp.archlinux.org but end up using ftp.archlinux.org because for example atm all the mirrors have the old gtk2 and not the latest that is in ftp.archlinux.org

So I'm looking for a mirror that rsync something like everyhour.

I don't want to see posts saying that everyhour is too much because then ftp.archlinux.org will have more traffic and stuff like that. If you believe that, go see your mathematician.

#2 2005-04-20 12:11:50

scarecrow

Re: ftp mirror of ftp.archlinux.org that rsyncs often

ftp://ftp.ntua.gr now has an Archlinux mirror, and this is what I'm using now (very fast for all users from Greece, including you, I guess). But I haven't the faintest idea about the rsync frequency!
Should we ask the Metsovion webmaster?

Microshaft delenda est

#3 2005-04-20 14:58:57

zeppelin
Website

I know ftp.ntua.gr smile
it's really fast and it should be added to the mirrors in pacman pkg. it's better than tuc.gr

if you can ask. I think it's perday. Does anyone know any server that is per 2 or 3 hours?? or two times a day?

#4 2005-04-22 19:05:34

JGC
Developer

ftp://schoolbak.dyndns.org/pub/archlinux is a fast one that provides its own rsync mirror too.
It synchonizes every two hours, or when I have done updates and generated a new package database, then it will have instant updates.

The box is located in the netherlands on a 100Mbit line in a school network that has 2Gbit backbone.

Board footer