You are not logged in.

#1 2011-05-02 23:13:11

DWilliams

Can't get Wine to work with PulseAudio

I recently went through the upgrade to Gnome3, and (perhaps regrettably) PulseAudio with it. I previously had everything working with ALSA. Initially almost all sound on my system was broken in new and exciting ways. I eventually got most sound output working as well as mic input.

The only thing that still doesn't have sound is Wine. In winecfg the only options for sound I have are ALSA and Jack. I have the pulseaudio-alsa package installed, as well as lib32-libpulse and lib32-alsa-plugins since I'm on Arch64, but it still doesnt work.

#2 2011-05-02 23:28:31

twilight0
Website

Re: Can't get Wine to work with PulseAudio

I had almost the same issue (sound stopped after a couple of minutes when playing a game with wine) so eventually I reverted back to traditional backend removed pulseaudio, no more memory leak with vlc and everything are fine. I think Pulseaudio still has many bugs.

Proud Arch Linux user since 2007.

#3 2011-05-03 01:13:59

Xabre

#4 2011-05-04 02:10:53

DWilliams

Xabre wrote:

Hmm I was hoping to find a way to do it without completely replacing my wine package (which is what that does unless I'm mistaken). If that's the only way I guess it will have to work...

#5 2011-05-04 03:18:53

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

DWilliams wrote:
Xabre wrote:

Hmm I was hoping to find a way to do it without completely replacing my wine package (which is what that does unless I'm mistaken). If that's the only way I guess it will have to work...

Yes it will, but I'm using it myself and find it improves audio tremendously on a pulseaudio system. Alsa output gets flakey depending on version/game, but pulseaudio has been good so far (comparable with OSS output via aoss, actually).

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

Board footer