You are not logged in.

#1 2011-05-05 07:43:09

freyr

[Solved] How can I force Libreoffice to not use KDE themes?

Hi!

I'm using KDE and dark themes only. The problem is known, the Libreoffice looks very ugly and useless with any dark themes. But this time I do not have any working solutions. In GNOME it was easy, but here I didn't find anything useful.
I read the Wiki, no answer, I read the forums, no answer, all I found is this solution: env SAL_USE_VCLPLUGIN=gen, but with this Libreoffice crashes all the time, no matter what I'm trying to do. No error message, no output in terminal, nothing but unexpected error. That's all.
The set of the colors inside the program didn't work, because it has no effect to Impress, and the icons still remains very ugly, I can't set any other.
So, what is the current working solution for this problem?

Last edited by freyr (2011-05-05 13:49:46)

What, so everyone's supposed to sleep every single night now? You realize that nighttime makes up half of all time?

#2 2011-05-05 11:45:49

mirandir
Website

Re: [Solved] How can I force Libreoffice to not use KDE themes?

Hello,

You can try the openoffice-dark-gtk-fix on AUR : http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=22383.

#3 2011-05-05 13:48:50

freyr

Re: [Solved] How can I force Libreoffice to not use KDE themes?

mirandir wrote:

Hello,

You can try the openoffice-dark-gtk-fix on AUR : http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=22383.

I tried it before, but at first it didn't work with Libreoffice. I haven't checked it again, I used my own script on GNOME. That worked on GNOME but didn' work on KDE. Now I thought I should check that package again and realized the problem was that I only tried to use env GTK2_RC_FILES=/usr/share/themes/Redmond/gtk-2.0/gtkrc. With a code like in that packege env GTK2_RC_FILES=/usr/share/themes/Redmond/gtk-2.0/gtkrc env OOO_FORCE_DESKTOP=gnome it's working as it should.

Thanks!

And Sorry about my English!

What, so everyone's supposed to sleep every single night now? You realize that nighttime makes up half of all time?

Board footer