You are not logged in.

#1 2011-05-07 11:13:07

vlad951

mpd can't see cue sheets

I've recently installed mpd, and it detects all the audio files and puts them in the database. However, it doesn't detect the cue sheets. Some albums include a large ape/flac/wv file together with a .cue file, which it does not detect.

Does anyone have any idea?

#2 2011-05-07 11:37:09

KimTjik

Re: mpd can't see cue sheets

Have you tested different frontends? It's just a guess, but I can for example use m3u files in nmpcpp but not in Sonata. I haven't tested cue files so I'm just guessing.

#3 2011-05-07 11:43:46

vlad951

Nope, i've tried Sonata, GMPC, nmpcpp and none of them can detect cue files. I guess it has something to do with mpd itself...

#4 2011-05-07 11:44:21

Rasi
Website

vlad951 wrote:

I've recently installed mpd, and it detects all the audio files and puts them in the database. However, it doesn't detect the cue sheets. Some albums include a large ape/flac/wv file together with a .cue file, which it does not detect.

Does anyone have any idea?

cuesheet support in mpd is flaky.
embedded cuesheets will only work with flac files (and the flac way of embedding cuesheets sucks, because it does not include tags)
embedded cuesheets with wavpack is not supported at all.

external cue needs some tricks at compile time. I created a section in the wiki:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Mu … #Cue_Files

Here a working PKGBUILD with all needed files: http://paste.xinu.at/CM9Jk/  - but make sure to pacman -Rdd libcdio before compiling. Afterwards you can install it again.

Anyway.. dont expect wonders. cue support is not very good. On track change things get messy smile

Last edited by Rasi (2011-05-07 11:50:37)

He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.

Douglas Adams

Board footer