You are not logged in.

#1 2003-09-07 04:27:08

sud_crow
Website

Cant launch KDE or Gnome

Hi,

As im using fluxbox, and i like it, i really didnt care much about those two, at least not about using them in this distro, but i have finally decided to give them a go, but i cant make them work and i dont know why.
I looked at my .xinitrc and it had the opcions (preseted and preceded with #) for other WM like enlightenment or windowmaker or blackbox.
but there was no one for kde or gnome, so i tryed startkde and gnomesession and several more, but i couldnt get it working...

How should i launch KDE or Gnome on Arch? i used all the commands i use in MDK and it didnt work.

thanks in advance.

Leonardo Andrés Gallego
www.archlinux-es.org || Comunidad Hispana de Arch Linux

#2 2003-09-07 04:41:03

contrasutra

Re: Cant launch KDE or Gnome

gnome-session and startkde work.

If you get errors, make sure you have all the KDE/GNOME packages installed.

"Contrary to popular belief, penguins are not the salvation of modern technology.  Neither do they throw parties for the urban proletariat."

#3 2003-09-07 06:45:47

yowwww

Re: Cant launch KDE or Gnome

once you get in, you can add all the different wm's and de's to your login screen by editing your sessions tab in the control center in kde under system administration-login manager.

btw, if you have kde installed, try typing kdm, see if that brings up your login screen. if you don't have kdm, you can get it with pacman.

Board footer