You are not logged in.

#1 2011-05-16 11:08:13

natostanco

keyboard dies ???

I have a serious hardware issue, when I use my laptop in Tablet mode, -> with the screen parallel and attached to keyboard, for a long time, maybe more then half an hour, my keyboard and also the three buttons on the screen dies. The only buttons that work are the combination of the FN buttons + f1 f2 f3....I guess this works because bypass in a certain way the keyboard mode?

Anyway to get the keyboard working again I have to reboot my laptop...I know there is something like a sensor or a device that recognize while my laptop when it is in tablet mode because when I turn it with windows it rotates the screen automatically. Is this sensor/device related to the keyboard death, but I don't know in what way because If I turn the laptop in tablet mode then switch back the keyboard is still working...

What could this be related to? Maybe Xbindkeys? I use it to bind a button to rotate the screen.

#2 2011-05-16 15:39:26

yungtrizzle

Re: keyboard dies ???

Check your logs. Xorg doesn't expect a keyboard in tablet mode so it's likely that it ignores all events coming from it.

#3 2011-05-17 09:53:58

natostanco

Re: keyboard dies ???

Now I have found something that is more circumstantial, in tablet mode keyboard and media keys works, but as soon as I put in normal mode, all the keys stop working, I mean, that as soon as I put the laptop in tablet mode for the first time, keys will only work in tablet mode unless I restart the laptop. How to solve this?

Board footer