You are not logged in.

#1 2011-05-17 18:54:23

bananaoomarang

Configure built in hotkeys?

Hey,

I have a row of 'hot keys' (touch buttons) along the top of my laptop (Lenovo Z560), one that I often use unsurprisingly is the sound mute/unmute one! It's great that KDE detected it by default, but not so great that it's got it the wrong way around! When it's lit, the sound is unmuted. This is the wrong behaviour.

So I was wondering if anyone knew how to fix a problem like that.

Thanks!

P.S. Another annoying thing is that I have an 'Adobe advanced audio button' (http://www.dolby.com/consumer/understan … audio.html) which works great under windows, I don't expect it to run under Linux because I assume it's some horrible proprietary piece of windows specific software. My question is, does anyone know of any alternatives for Linux? I think it sits alters sound on the fly to provide a more fuller sound. Not expecting anything, but it'd be a dream come true.

Last edited by bananaoomarang (2011-05-17 18:54:51)

#2 2011-05-17 19:01:30

ewaller
Administrator

Re: Configure built in hotkeys?

I think it sits alters sound on the fly to provide a more fuller sound

aur/pulseaudio-equalizer  ??

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

#3 2011-05-18 17:55:18

bananaoomarang

Re: Configure built in hotkeys?

That looks pretty cool, thanks.

But I still don't know how to set actions to my hotkeys. It obviously knows they're there, muting sound isn't just hardware based. At least, not in this case as Alsa responds.

Board footer