You are not logged in.

#1 2011-05-19 03:57:04

hubrat

[Solved] ehci_hcd > unbind doesn't complete

Hi and thanks in advance for your help.

I'm most of the way through converting my htpc from ubuntu 10.10 to Arch but cannot get suspend/resume working with my DTV2000ds tuner. The tuner is otherwise working fine and when I remove it from my box suspend and resume works as expected.

In ubuntu all I had to do was add
SUSPEND_MODULES="xhci-hcd" to a file in /etc/pm/config.d

In Arch this by itself isn't working. pm-suspend.log thinks it has entered suspend mode but all I get is a blank screen with a blinking cursor. This is similar behaviour to ubuntu before I added the SUSPEND_MODULES line above.

I followed a script from these forums that unloads all the ehci_hcd devices one at a time. This unloads my mouse and usb IR-receiver but pm-suspend.log shows that it hangs when it gets to what I think is the built-in IR receiver in the tv-tuner.

Trying to manually unbind with this command shows the same behaviour, works for my mouse but when I try it on the DTV2000ds it just hangs and doesn't complete.
sudo sh -c 'echo -n "0000:00:xx.x" > unbind'

Manually running the above command in ubuntu completes successfully.

Can anyone suggest what to try next? If you want any specific log files let me know.

Thanks,
hubrat

Last edited by hubrat (2011-06-02 06:40:25)

#2 2011-06-02 06:42:56

hubrat

Re: [Solved] ehci_hcd > unbind doesn't complete

Marking as solved as I found a workaround. Instead of trying to unload ehci_hcd, I unloaded the module for my tv tuner - In this particular case dvb_usb_af9015. I reload it on resume and everything is working as expected.

Board footer