You are not logged in.

#1 2011-05-20 02:18:43

bahyx

[SOLVED]My laptop crashes when i insert SD card

Hi
I have started using arch a few weeks ago and i absoloutly love it and so far i didnt have any problem.thanks to
very very well documented wiki .but today i tried to insert a sd card into my laptop sd slot and my laptop crashed instantly.
and i got "divide error 0000 [#1] preempt smp "
wich looks like a kernel panic?
everything else works perfect on my computer .i can even mount the same SD card through my phone using usb port.
I would really appreciate it if someone could put my into right direction .i have also tried to search the error and the same problem
has been submited as a bug ,so i am a bit confused!!
Thanks

Last edited by bahyx (2011-05-20 04:30:21)

#2 2011-05-20 04:07:46

ConnorBehan
Package Maintainer (PM)
Website

Re: [SOLVED]My laptop crashes when i insert SD card

I'm surprised that it would crash simply upon insertion. Are you using hal or autofs or some daemon that tries to be smart and often fails? I looked for kernel modules related to SD cards and there seems to be one: sdhci. I would load that if you aren't doing that already. The other thing I would try is other kernel versions. Sometimes when the kernel devs change something, it takes a few releases before they work out the bugs.

6EA3 F3F3 B908 2632 A9CB E931 D53A 0445 B47A 0DAB
Great things come in tar.xz packages.

#3 2011-05-20 04:20:34

bahyx

Re: [SOLVED]My laptop crashes when i insert SD card

ConnorBehan wrote:

I'm surprised that it would crash simply upon insertion. Are you using hal or autofs or some daemon that tries to be smart and often fails? I looked for kernel modules related to SD cards and there seems to be one: sdhci. I would load that if you aren't doing that already. The other thing I would try is other kernel versions. Sometimes when the kernel devs change something, it takes a few releases before they work out the bugs.

Thanks
It looks like it is a bug on my kernel i found this after i started the topic,sorry ,  https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=118751

Board footer