You are not logged in.

#1 2011-05-24 22:39:40

metre

Midori doesn't start

pacman -Syu
pacman -S midori

Ok. But when I try to start Midori, nothing happens and terminal says:

The configuration couldn't be loaded: No such file or directory

(midori:3235): GLib-WARNING **: GError set over the top of a previous GError or uninitialized memory.
This indicates a bug in someone's code. You must ensure an error is NULL before it's set.
The overwriting error message was: No such file or directory
Segmentation fault

I tried with the git version, but it's just the same.
I tried to specify a directory in order to create in that the configuration file, but it didn't work.

#2 2011-05-25 02:58:35

karol
Archivist

Re: Midori doesn't start

I'm on i686 and midori opens but I get a lot of errors / warnings in the terminal:

[karol@black ~]$ midori
The configuration couldn't be loaded: No such file or directory

(midori:3739): GLib-WARNING **: GError set over the top of a previous GError or uninitialized memory.
This indicates a bug in someone's code. You must ensure an error is NULL before it's set.
The overwriting error message was: No such file or directory

** (midori:3739): WARNING **: Error: JSON.parse requires at least one parameter

(midori:3739): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_key_file_load_from_data: assertion `data != NULL' failed

(midori:3739): Gtk-WARNING **: Error loading theme icon 'stock_new-tab' for stock: Icon 'stock_new-tab' not present in theme

(midori:3739): Gtk-WARNING **: Error loading theme icon 'gtk-add' for stock: Icon 'gtk-add' not present in theme

(midori:3739): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_unref: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed

(midori:3739): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_default_render_icon: assertion `base_pixbuf != NULL' failed

(midori:3739): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_style_render_icon: assertion `pixbuf != NULL' failed

(midori:3739): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_ref: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed

(midori:3739): Gtk-WARNING **: Error loading theme icon 'stock_add-bookmark' for stock: Icon 'stock_add-bookmark' not present in theme

(midori:3739): Gtk-WARNING **: Error loading theme icon 'gtk-add' for stock: Icon 'gtk-add' not present in theme

The warnings continue in similar fashion ...

#3 2011-05-26 12:36:47

metre

Re: Midori doesn't start

I deleted my Midori config folder and I tried with a new empty one. It didn't work

Board footer