You are not logged in.

#1 2011-05-29 19:35:18

jgreen1tc

Problem installing network driver for Toshiba Satellite L505 (dustbin)

EDIT: I talked to some people on #archlinux and I feel like I am going about solving this problem the wrong way. I am currently trying to edit my interfaces in rc.conf. As this topic is no longer relevant to my problem, I would not have a problem with it being dustbinned if that is where it belongs.

To start off, after installing Arch, this is the last major thing I need to configure. When I first installed, I had network access, but only wired access. Since then, I went to my dads house, where I couldnt even connect when wired. Now I cant even connect to my own wired network. Granted, I changed things in an attempt to make wireless work, but now I'm confused.

In trying to install my RTL8192SE driver, I am running into problems. I untar, then make, but when I make install I get errors:

make[3]: *** No rules to make target 'missing-syscalls'. Stop.
make[2]: *** [prepare0] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory '/usr/src/linux-2.6.38-ARCH'
make[1]: *** [modules] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/jgreen1tc/rtl8192se_linux_2.6.0010.1012.2009/HAL/rtl8192'
make: *** [install] Error 2

Things I have done since trying to configure my wireless (might be helpful):
Remove NetworkManager
Install netcfg
Configure profiles for netcfg
Create /etc/acpi/events directory (did not exist when I tried to make install at first?)

I cant think of anything else I might have changed. Of course I took networkmanager out of daemons and added netcfg...if there is anything else I should post to help someone help me, please dont hesitate to request it. Thanks for reading.

Last edited by jgreen1tc (2011-05-29 22:16:28)

Board footer