You are not logged in.

#1 2011-06-14 10:34:11

Garf

Amarok. Some functions missing on my installation

Hi, I am trying to install a script into Amarok 2... but the funny thing is... certain functions seem to be missing. I have used Amarok on different installations before, and gotten scripts to work.

In the wiki it says:

New scripts and applets can be found either directly from within Amarok ("Tools" -> "Script Manager" -> "Get More Scripts") or at kde-apps.org.

However my "Tools" menu only have the following: Bookmark Manager, Cover Manager, Equaliser and Update Collection.

Can anyone answer why this is?

#2 2011-06-14 11:16:34

Xabre

Re: Amarok. Some functions missing on my installation

Here's a shot.
It's amarok-git, semi-localized, but you'll get the idea. wink

http://www.dodaj.rs/f/2p/jr/2AwweLdj/amarok-git3.png

Since I'm to lazy to switch locale to EN, i belive it's Settings -> Configure Amarok, or similar. smile

#3 2011-06-14 11:19:40

Garf

Yep, and I can get to that screen... But it won't let me install scripts that I have downloaded.

Edit; Ok so I have booted into my old Kubuntu install and yes, that version of amarok had it under tools. Seems that this new version have just moved it into Amarok Settings... But what has happened, is the "Install Script" button has gone. So I don't know how to install something I have downloaded. Only what I can browse through on the net using Amarok...

Last edited by Garf (2011-06-14 11:27:12)

#4 2011-06-14 11:48:34

Xabre

Yeah, I kind of remember that one, but it seems it has been removed recently.

Anyway, you can always use commandline, as there shoud be commandline toll for isntaling scripts, called amarokpkg, basicaly the same as plasmapkg, only designed for Amarok scripts.

amarokpkg --help

Last edited by Xabre (2011-06-14 11:49:03)

Board footer