You are not logged in.

#1 2011-06-15 16:56:54

CPUnltd
Website

HP D1420 prints blank pages

Can't seem to find anything via google that handles this problem on a linux-based system (every fix I found was for XP).  It's as simple as the title says: connect printer, set up printer, check settings, print nothing but blank pages.  This is a common problem with HP printers, as I saw at least 5 different models with the same issue (and it's a completely cross-platform issue) so I'm not sure what info I could specifically provide to help narrow down the problem. 

I notice that no topics are around here that cover my specific problem, so I have nothing to reference in the forums (at least not anything within the last 5 years or so).  CUPS seems to think everything is fine and good... there are no errors when printing and no obvious errors in the log file... so I'm pretty well lost as to where the disconnect is happening.

There is ink in the printer and it prints fine from an XP machine in the same house, so I know it's not any of the hardware.  Please ask questions so I can provide as much info as possible.  With no error logs, I'm not sure what to include in this post, so I'm leaving it open ended on that note.

Help grow the dev population... have your tech trained and certified!

Board footer