You are not logged in.

#1 2011-06-16 15:05:28

Snuken

[Solved]Can't play sounds from diffrent sources

Hi,
I just installed mpd. But whenever I play music from mpd, I can't use teamspeak for example. Is there a way to fix this?

Last edited by Snuken (2011-06-16 16:12:28)

#2 2011-06-16 15:10:37

ewaller
Administrator

Re: [Solved]Can't play sounds from diffrent sources

Only one program at a time can "own" the audio hardware.  To use multiple sources, you need a program that "owns" the hardware and accepts and multiplexes audio from other programs.

Depending on your system, your Arch system will probably use Pulseaudio for that purpose.  Other choices are Alsamixer and Jack.  I would start with the Pulseaudio wiki.

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

#3 2011-06-16 15:23:44

Snuken

ewaller wrote:

Only one program at a time can "own" the audio hardware.  To use multiple sources, you need a program that "owns" the hardware and accepts and multiplexes audio from other programs.

Depending on your system, your Arch system will probably use Pulseaudio for that purpose.  Other choices are Alsamixer and Jack.  I would start with the Pulseaudio wiki.

Thanks!
Got it to work smile
Had to read this aswell: http://mpd.wikia.com/wiki/PulseAudio

#4 2011-06-16 16:05:08

fsckd
Forum Fellow

Snuken, please mark this thread as solved.

aur S & M :: forum rules :: Community Ethos
Resources for Women, POC, LGBT*, and allies

Board footer