You are not logged in.

#1 2011-06-21 21:54:19

Syrec

[REQUEST] Mudlet vadi2 Github Branch or the Vanilla Git

Hey, I've been trying lately to get this version of Mudlet working and have run into a few problems due to my lack of technical abilities with building software. A lot of this just goes way over my head, but I'm trying to soak up the information, but at the moment I'm stuck.

The location of the git is here https://github.com/vadi2/Mudlet and the vanilla git is here git://mudlet.git.sourceforge.net/gitroot/mudlet/mudlet (Both produce the same error. I have no idea if luaJIT2 is better which is what the vadi Git uses so I've supplied both.

For instance a few files call for phonon and for some reason the standard " #include <phonon> " isn't found. As a fix, I looked around at a few other pkgbuilds in the aur and found that in order to get past that, I'd supplement  " include <phonon> " with these two lines instead #include <phonon/MediaObject> #include  <phonon/AudioOutput>. By doing that it bypasses the errors saying phonon doesn't exist and it moves on without a problem, that is until I get to this newest error.

When it gets to the building of TLuaInterpreter.cpp I get this error back

**Edit--Here is a longer Version for clarification**
lua_yajl1.c: In function ‘int js_parser_parse(lua_State*)’:
lua_yajl1.c:464:53: error: ‘yajl_parse_complete’ was not declared in this scope
lua_yajl1.c: In function ‘int js_parser(lua_State*)’:
lua_yajl1.c:497:5: error: ‘yajl_parser_config’ was not declared in this scope
lua_yajl1.c:497:24: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘cfg’
lua_yajl1.c:503:9: error: ‘cfg’ was not declared in this scope
lua_yajl1.c:509:9: error: ‘cfg’ was not declared in this scope
lua_yajl1.c:515:49: error: ‘cfg’ was not declared in this scope
lua_yajl1.c: In function ‘int js_generator(lua_State*)’:
lua_yajl1.c:853:21: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘cfg’
lua_yajl1.c:853:38: warning: statement is a reference, not call, to function ‘yajl_gen_config’ [-Waddress]
lua_yajl1.c:853:38: warning: statement has no effect [-Wunused-value]
lua_yajl1.c:894:9: error: ‘cfg’ was not declared in this scope
lua_yajl1.c:910:39: error: ‘cfg’ was not declared in this scope
lua_yajl1.c:910:53: error: ‘yajl_gen_alloc2’ was not declared in this scope
TLuaInterpreter.cpp: In static member function ‘static int TLuaInterpreter::setMainWindowSize(lua_State*)’:
TLuaInterpreter.cpp:2140:12: warning: unused variable ‘pHost’ [-Wunused-variable]
TLuaInterpreter.cpp: In static member function ‘static int TLuaInterpreter::setAppStyleSheet(lua_State*)’:
TLuaInterpreter.cpp:3238:1: warning: no return statement in function returning non-void [-Wreturn-type]
In file included from TLuaInterpreter.cpp:6790:0:
dlgIRC.h: At global scope:
dlgIRC.h:19:5: error: ‘Irc’ does not name a type
TLuaInterpreter.cpp: In static member function ‘static int TLuaInterpreter::sendIrc(lua_State*)’:
TLuaInterpreter.cpp:6819:28: error: ‘class dlgIRC’ has no member named ‘session’
TLuaInterpreter.cpp:6815:12: warning: unused variable ‘pHost’ [-Wunused-variable]
make: *** [tmp/TLuaInterpreter.o] Error 1

^^Currently I have no idea what that means, but I'm assuming that it's because Archlinux is a rolling release and stuff gets changed and deprecated continually. Problem is that also if I fix this error, I'm sure there will be a ton more and I think the fastest solution would be a person who knows what their doing while handling this source.

I haven't worked on a PKGBUILD, but here is some basic information
-------
Depends {EDIT -- It seems the newer git has more Depends}
- Qt >=4.4 (included in the SDK)
- liblua-5.1
- libpcre-7.8 or later
- yajl-1.0 (you can also use yajl-2.0 if you change make config file src/src.pro and include lua_yajl.c instead of lua_yajl1.c)
- hunspell
- boost (www.boost.org)
- zlib.1.2.3
- Open GL libs + Qt OpenGL module see Qt OpenGL docs for more info
- zzlib (http://zziplib.sourceforge.net)
- luazip (Lua unzip module) http://www.keplerproject.org/luazip/
- Lua File System (LFS)
- rex_pcre (Lua pcre interface)
- Lua sql (Lua module for SQL)
Optional Depends
- luasql (http://www.keplerproject.org/luasql/)
- lrexlib (http://lrexlib.luaforge.net/) NOTE: You only need to compile the pcre module. The other modules of this lib are not used.
- sqlite3
-------
The File has a build.sh yet gives an error looking for a file that doesn't exist lua_yajl.c ( but has alternative names in the src dir lua_yajl1.c +2)
-------
I've been trying to build it by following the information for building from their website. http://make.mudlet.org/compiling-mudlet-on-linux/
1. qmake
2. make

Last edited by Syrec (2011-06-22 21:42:37)

#2 2011-06-22 12:34:21

Vadi

Re: [REQUEST] Mudlet vadi2 Github Branch or the Vanilla Git

Hey, it's best to use the sf branch as mine is a development one with stuff getting merged into the sf. The warning is ok, but you do need to install phonon-dev now.

#3 2011-06-22 14:53:09

Syrec

I think Phonon-dev would be a Ubuntu thing. From my knowledge of how Archlinux works, I believe it supplies the dev parts of all files you would install.

The warning is an error and it halts the make entirely so I'm stuck at either fixing it or finding a way around it. Thanks for replying though, Vadi.

One last thing.. I could try the sf branch yet I have a feeling it'll still supply the error and I'll be stuck again.

Whenever the terminal displays "TLuaInterpreter.cpp:6815:12: warning: unused variable ‘pHost’ [-Wunused-variable]" it then errors out finally to this "make: *** [tmp/TLuaInterpreter.o] Error 1" <--- should've put that earlier in the post.

Last edited by Syrec (2011-06-22 15:30:55)

#4 2011-06-23 21:16:47

Syrec

Ok, well until someone can help me out or wants to help out by creating a GIT package for the AUR, I'll just use the Windows version through WINE for now. Which does work perfectly, but going and using it natively is my preferred way of using applications.

Until then though, I suppose I'll continue using WINE

Board footer