You are not logged in.

#1 2011-06-22 07:44:13

W.F.Cody

mono mkbundle question

Hi all

For fun, I tried to package Pash, a clone of the Windows PowerShell.
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=49838

In its current state, this package "works" but it is incredibly ugly since I basically had to copy over a large part of the source tree to the package directory.
Apparently it should be possible to make a single executeable from a mono program, which would look more sane on a *nix system.
See: mkbundle
http://www.mono-project.com/Guide:Runni … plications

My issue at the moment is that if I run
mono $srcdir/build/trunk/Pash/PashConsole/bin/Debug/Pash.exe

I get a Pash console and everything seems to be "working" as it should, meaning that mono finds all the dynamic libraries etc that it needs.

If I run

mkbundle -o pash $srcdir/build/trunk/Pash/PashConsole/bin/Debug/Pash.exe --deps

the program complains about not finding System.Management.Automation, which actually exists in the same folder as the Pash.exe.
It seems that mkbundle can not find the dynamic libraries that mono can find....

OS is: Linux
Sources: 1 Auto-dependencies: True

Unhandled Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Management.Automation' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'System.Management.Automation'
  at System.AppDomain.Load (System.Reflection.AssemblyName assemblyRef, System.Security.Policy.Evidence assemblySecurity) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.AppDomain:Load (System.Reflection.AssemblyName,System.Security.Policy.Evidence)
  at System.AppDomain.Load (System.Reflection.AssemblyName assemblyRef) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.AppDomain:Load (System.Reflection.AssemblyName)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.Load (System.Reflection.AssemblyName assemblyRef) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at MakeBundle.QueueAssembly (System.Collections.ArrayList files, System.String codebase) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at MakeBundle.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Last edited by W.F.Cody (2011-06-22 07:56:19)

My AUR packages
Any package of mine is up for grabs. If you think you could mantain it better - just contact me!

Board footer