You are not logged in.

#1 2005-05-04 11:09:22

Legout

How to extract .sit mac icon archives??

I need some help I´m configuring my fvwm at the moment. and therefore i´m looking to get some nice icons. So I downloaded somenice collections. But this files are mostly archives for mac os. How can i handle/extract this ones or how can i convert it.

volker@LegBox:~$file 0519_appbubbles.sit
0519_appbubbles.sit: StuffIt Archive

Thanks so far[/code]

#2 2005-05-05 00:12:44

shadowhand
Website

Re: How to extract .sit mac icon archives??

Since Aladdin Systems controls the source code for StuffIt, your only choice when you receive an .sit file is to use the Aladdin Expander for Linux, which is currently in beta (but quite usable). Aladdin Systems has made the beta available to the public as freeware: you do not have to pay cash for it, but you do not get access to the source code either. Currently there are no tools for Linux that will create .sit archives.

To decompress an .sit archive, type unstuff archive.sit. The extracted files will go into the present working directory unless you use the -d option, which lets you specify the destination directory: unstuff -d=/home/james/oldmacfiles archive.sit If the file you unpack was protected with a password, use the -p option: unstuff -p=secret archive.sit. The text file translation filer option takes care of translating end-of-line characters from LF to CRLF and back again: unstuff -text=auto -eol=unix archive.sit.

http://www.stuffit.com/unix/stuffit/index.html

Thanks Google.

·¬»· i am shadowhand, powered by webfaction

#3 2005-05-05 01:47:08

droog

Re: How to extract .sit mac icon archives??

There are a few older programs from bsd that can unpack .sits, but i think theyre obselete now but not sure. you might want to try them before downloading that trial of stuffit, i think they were called unstuffit and unsit i dont have the links here and theyre hard to find but worth a try.

--don't bother with the unsit program, i tracked it down and compiled it and it doesnt recognize the headers in the new .sit archives. i also have some mac icons in sit format but havent wanted to download that 15mb peice of crap stuffit trial.

Board footer