You are not logged in.

#1 2005-05-05 02:25:01

test1000

request: cantus

http://www.debain.org/software/cantus/

seems to be the best all-around solution since it has freedb auto renaming which is unique integrated in  amusic playing/organizing app.

I couldn't get it to compile, hope you have more luck..

KISS = "It can scarcely be denied that the supreme goal of all theory is to make the irreducible basic elements as simple and as few as possible without having to surrender the adequate representation of a single datum of experience." - Albert Einstein

#2 2005-05-05 04:07:19

droog

Re: request: cantus

Have you tried easytag? it can also use the freedb or cddb, it has nice batch renaming for ones that arent in the db. it seems to be the choice around here. I'll download this one tonight and see if i can get it to compile.

#3 2005-05-05 04:31:23

darkcoder

Re: request: cantus

The only problem is that it looks broken to the bone.  It physically looks for gtkmm-2.0 and libglademm-2.0.  Found a way to fix it, but when compiling got this:

src/plugins/id3v1/tageditor.cc: In constructor `TagEditor::TagEditor(GHashTable*)':
src/plugins/id3v1/tageditor.cc:51: error: `slot' is not a member of `SigC'
src/plugins/id3v1/tageditor.cc:54: error: `slot' is not a member of `SigC'
src/plugins/id3v1/tageditor.cc:57: error: `slot' is not a member of `SigC'
src/plugins/id3v1/tageditor.cc:60: error: `slot' is not a member of `SigC'
src/plugins/id3v1/tageditor.cc: In member function `GtkWidget* TagEditor::editarea_build(gboolean)':
src/plugins/id3v1/tageditor.cc:91: error: `slot' is not a member of `SigC'
+ ERR=1
+ set +x
Error during compilation of src/plugins/id3v1/tageditor.cc.
Build failed: id3v1 plugin.
==> ERROR: Build Failed.  Aborting...

after a search in Google found that the current release do not compile with  gtkmm 2.4, and a fix is already on CVS, but I have never build a cvs PKGBUILD before.
https://mail.gna.org/public/cantus-deve … 00001.html

Board footer