You are not logged in.

#1 2011-06-30 07:55:39

lswest
Website

Google Chrome in a tiling WM (WMFS Specifically)

Lately I've noticed that whenever I bookmark something in Google Chrome (running in WMFS, but I noticed this behaviour on-and-off in AwesomeWM and XMonad back when I used them too), the bookmark dialog (what folder, custom name, confirmation, etc.) doesn't pop up (at least not in a way I can see).   I checked this behaviour in Openbox only to find out that it works without issue.  So I assume it must be related to how WMFS handles chrome.

Relevant lines of my .wmfsrc:

[rule] instance = "google-chrome" screen = 0  tag = "4"  max =  "false" free = "false" [/rule]

Default behaviour of WMFS, besides those rules I specify.  For the sake of being thorough, here's the entire wmfsrc.

A lot of googling brought me no solution.  The way I understand this issue is that it seems google chrome opens the dialog (as it should), but WMFS leaves it behind the chrome window/hides it in some way.  I'm not sure if this would fall under a "bug" or simply "bad configuration" on my part. 

Thanks in advance for any ideas!

Last edited by lswest (2011-06-30 07:56:51)

Lswest <- the first letter of my username is a lowercase "L".
"...the Linux philosophy is "laugh in the face of danger". Oops. Wrong one. "Do it yourself". That's it." - Linus Torvalds

#2 2011-06-30 08:00:41

jasonwryan
Anarchist
Website

Re: Google Chrome in a tiling WM (WMFS Specifically)

Arch + dwm   •   Mercurial repos  •   Surfraw

Registered Linux User #482438

#3 2011-06-30 08:11:43

lswest
Website

Re: Google Chrome in a tiling WM (WMFS Specifically)

jasonwryan wrote:

Well, the issue is similar, but Google Chrome isn't opened in a max layout, nor is it set to be maximized by my rule, and all other floating windows work fine (save as, etc.).  I'll have a look through the bug report though.

*EDIT* The more I look at the bug report, the more I doubt this is the actual issue.  I think it has to do with the way that Google Chrome opens the bookmark confirmation dialog (it doesn't seem to be an extra window per-say, more like a tooltip).

Last edited by lswest (2011-07-02 09:17:20)

Lswest <- the first letter of my username is a lowercase "L".
"...the Linux philosophy is "laugh in the face of danger". Oops. Wrong one. "Do it yourself". That's it." - Linus Torvalds

Board footer