You are not logged in.

#1 2011-07-02 10:48:26

Rhiadratech

UDEV freezes on every other boot?

I have an issue with UDEV, doesnt look like the issue i see mentioned on here where it freezes on loading the udev daemon, instead it freezes on the

Waiting for UDev uevents to be processed [Buzy]

I've tried shortening the udev timeout, it doesnt pause long when its working, so it's obvious when its frozen.

Seems to be every other boot, initially seen whenever i ran shutdown now -r to reboot while i was setting up.

I have no idea where to start troubleshooting this.

#2 2011-07-02 13:52:13

weltio

Re: UDEV freezes on every other boot?

Uhm i got this beacuse of a tv-card which wasnt installed correctly - i had to patch the kernel, but this was due to the fact that the driver was a bit buggy.
so my advice is to search for hardware reasons big_smile

#3 2011-07-02 18:41:27

measure

Hi,

Your problem could potentially be related to https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=118751 , especially if your system is not up to date.  When you experience the problem do you have an SD card in your card reader (if you have one)?  Which kernel are you using (uname -r)?

If this is indeed what you're experiencing, the reason it might seem somewhat random (unless it really is exactly every other time) is that apparently this issue was caused by a race between processes connected to the mmc modules.

Thanks,
Ryan

#4 2011-07-03 18:36:04

Rhiadratech

hmm, could a empty Micro-SD to SD converter be doing this? As i usually keep this in the slot so I can find it when needed

Board footer