You are not logged in.

#1 2011-07-10 17:11:01

yawns

Nautilus sort order (bug?)

I use list view in Nautilus (under Gnome 3, with shell) and would prefer to have it sort by "type." I have that set in gconf-editor under /apps/nautilus/list_view, and in Nautilus' preferences. However, all new directories are sorted by size. I've also noticed that if I choose to "arrange items by size," Nautilus doesn't sort at all. If set to arrange by name, it works properly.

Is there a way to get Nautilus to sort by something other than name, or is this a bug?

Edit: Right after posting, it occurred to me that Nautilus was kind of skipping the "size," sort option. Every option after size actually sorts by the thing prior to it. So if you want to sort by type as the default, you need to select, "By modification date." If you want to sort by mod date, you need to choose access time, etc..

Last edited by yawns (2011-07-10 17:19:09)

#2 2011-07-10 17:31:57

ren2r

Re: Nautilus sort order (bug?)

me too. but I get this working by a strange way with the configuration editor.

dconf-editor

In key: "org/gnome/nautilus/preferences" I configured "default folder view:list_view" and "default_sort_order:modification_date", but it shows like you wanted, sorted by type.
I set up for one thing and another happened.
"another thing that I not understand, in default_sort_order key in dconf only have the modification_date option in my laptop."

~/ren2r ...sorry for my bad english

Board footer