You are not logged in.

#1 2011-07-12 01:17:16

AElfwine

Weird behaviour in OpenGL compositing with r300g

Hello,

I have a weird issue on my laptop with both KDE 4.6.5 and 4.7RC2. When switching on desktop effects with Alt-shift-F12, the screen turns gray, with a darker gray for the panel. I can also see the decorations ok, but that's all. The weirdest thing is that Kwin doesnt complain about anything, and everything comes back to normal when I switch off desktop effects.

The only warning message i get is from dmesg: "composite sync not supported". I didnt find any similar description on forums or bug reports. The issue happens with Arch's KDE 4.6.5 to 4.7RC2 and Chakra 4.6.4 to 4.7RC2. It doesnt happen with Kubuntu 's KDE 4.6.2 (didnt try with later versions but its unlikely minor versions would change smthg right?)

graphic chipset is ATI Radeon Xpress200M (driver radeon r300g)

glxinfo reports :
   OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4  on ATI RS482
   OpenGL 2.1 Mesa 7.10.3 (same happens with 7.11 rc1)

Other info:
The issue doesnt happen with Xrender backend
The issue still happens with any arrangement of options in the desktop effect advanced configuration (with/without Vsync, w/wo direct rendering...)
No (WW) neither (EE) in Xorg log, all extensions load fine (Composite, Dri, Dri2, glx ...)
kms enabled
Arch linux installed on usb disk, working perfectly fine when running on another workstation with intel graphics.

Doesn anyone have a clue what is going on? Is there something I am missing here?

Board footer