You are not logged in.

#1 2011-07-12 08:54:00

Giniu
Package Maintainer (PM)
Website

The Elder Scrolls: Arena in AUR

After packaging Daggerfall, making a package for Arena was a snap. I used same launcher architecture, but it doesn't have most options, just --help, --accept-terms, --run-setup, --run-arena and --show-passwords (the copy protection passwords, it will list answers to questions game might give you).

It is harder game (more old-school I'd say, no mouse look), might require more tweaking (there are some odd stuff when it runs in dosbox, to run smoothly it might require different config for your machine, or paradoxally - increasing the level of details), anyway some believe it was best in series. I added it just because it was easy and seemed like nice addon. Ah, this is version 1.06 - floppy. The only one that was released for free. I know there is 1.07 CD version floating on internet, but it isn't free, so I recommend not using it (the only difference is as far as I know movies and voice-over for some more important dialogues, which are not good quality anyway). If you have a copy, just move all files from cd to /usr/share/games/arena/ARENA and your game will be updated. Launcher should work with it. You can also tweak launcher (one variable, near top) to point to other place on your disk, then you can switch between your bought cd and free floppy version.

The package is at https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=50666 - have fun!

My GPG fingerprint: 7170 26A9 D477 9FC5 3940  7266 40F5 57B7 3149 6106

#2 2011-07-15 22:00:09

manzdagratiano

Re: The Elder Scrolls: Arena in AUR

Thank you good Sir!!! I shall soon be feasting on it!

Be formless, shapeless... like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup; you put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; if you put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot... Now water can flow, or it can crash... Be water my friend

Board footer