You are not logged in.

#1 2011-07-18 17:21:45

apefish

ACPI suddenly giving wrong readings

I got an eeepc 1101HA. For a while, acpi reported correct temperature and battery information. Today it started acting wierd; everything works good for a few minutes after boot, but then the temperature suddenly reads 80C and the battery goes to 0%. After it does this, it never changes values. The battery is fully charged and the temperature seems OK (not 80C).  I'm going to try playing with lm_sensors, but why would acpi suddenly stop working?

#2 2011-12-05 23:42:18

synorgy
Website

Re: ACPI suddenly giving wrong readings

I know this is an old thread, but I just wanted to say that I'm seeing the exact same errors on my 1101HA. I've dealt with it for a while, but I'm rather fed up with it now and looking for an answer. There's an entry on the Gentoo wiki that describes deconstructing the BIOS (either for updating the BIOS or just to find out what the problem is) and, after doing so, it seems there exist somewhere around 19 errors in the deconstruction that could be the source of our issue. I've got absolutely ZERO idea how to fix a single one of them. Have you figured anything else out?

"Unix is basically a simple operating system, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity." (Dennis Ritchie)

#3 2011-12-06 00:03:21

synorgy
Website

I've also just tried adding 'acpi_osi="!Windows 2009"' to my kernel line in grub's menu.lst. This allowed me to modprobe eeepc_laptop, but immediately upon bootup I noticed that there was no BAT0 in /sys/class/power_supply. This means I get absolutely zero information about the battery.

"Unix is basically a simple operating system, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity." (Dennis Ritchie)

#4 2011-12-06 23:25:03

synorgy
Website

With fingers crossed, I want to say that I may have figured it out. Add "acpi_osi="Linux"" to the kernel= line in grub's menu.lst I've been running for just over an hour now with this fix in place and it seems to be working. I'll update here if anything changes.

Board footer