You are not logged in.

#1 2011-07-20 13:47:54

jakob

How to use fingerprint verification after resume (laptop is locked)

Hey there,

I’m using tuxonice on kernel26-pf with the hibernate-script package and everything works fine. I lock my workstation with vlock in order to have a little security (my home partition is encrypted, so a shut down laptop is probably more secure…) and everytime I resume my laptop (x220i) I have to type in my password.

Since I’m using my fingerprint reader (UPEK) with fingerprint-gui (which has pam_fingerprint-gui.so delivered with it) to login to my system (using CDM) I’d very much like to login after resuming using my fingerprint as well.

Currently, vlock doesn’t seem to have that functionality.

Does anybody know a way or a locker that is able to use the pam_fingerprint-gui.so module to authorize me?

I’ve tried using some of the lockers proposed in /etc/hibernate/common.conf, which include xscreensaver, xautolock, xtrlock, xlock), also tinkering around with their /etc/pam.d/ scripts (e.g. I copied my /etc/pam.d/login to /etc/pam.d/xlock) but nothing of it worked…

Discussions on security aspects regarding fingerprint authentication are also welcome, since I dont know too much about it!

Best,

Jakob

#2 2011-07-20 20:27:58

lagagnon
Website

Re: How to use fingerprint verification after resume (laptop is locked)

Gnome screensaver can apparently do it: http://www.n-view.net/Appliance/fingerp … l#id288609

Philosophy is looking for a black cat in a dark room. Metaphysics is looking for a black cat in a dark room that isn't there. Religion is looking for a black cat in a dark room that isn't there and shouting "I found it!". Science is looking for a black cat in a dark room with a flashlight.

Board footer