You are not logged in.

#1 2011-07-21 23:37:19

kellerman

Gstreamer and matroska video.

Hi. After playing lots of video files sucessfully, today I was unable to play mkv with vlc, totem, and smplayer.
I'm using latest gstreamer packages from arch repos. Both totem and vlc shows first frames of the video and then exits. SMplayer sometimes plays the file for a longer time and doesn't crash the application, I can even seek, but it crashes anyway... After that time it gives the following output:

[ass] PlayResX undefined, setting to 320
MPlayer interrupted by signal 11 in module: filter video
ID_SIGNAL=11
- MPlayer crashed by bad usage of CPU/FPU/RAM.
  Recompile MPlayer with --enable-debug and make a 'gdb' backtrace and
  disassembly. Details in DOCS/HTML/en/bugreports_what.html#bugreports_crash.
- MPlayer crashed. This shouldn't happen.
  It can be a bug in the MPlayer code _or_ in your drivers _or_ in your
  gcc version. If you think it's MPlayer's fault, please read
  DOCS/HTML/en/bugreports.html and follow the instructions there. We can't and
  won't help unless you provide this information when reporting a possible bug.

I'm using Arch x86_64 with GNOME3 and have all dependencies installed.

Last edited by kellerman (2011-07-21 23:52:46)

#2 2011-07-22 00:50:54

Army

Re: Gstreamer and matroska video.

Well, smplayer uses mplayer as backend, not gstreamer, vlc also doesn't use gstreamer, but totem does. So 3 entirely different players aren't able to play your mkv file. I'd say that mkv file is broken or your complete video output. Do other videos still work?

#3 2011-07-22 11:12:10

kellerman

Re: Gstreamer and matroska video.

Any other video works. I tried launching vlc with --no-video and then sound channel works. Both totem and vlc gives Segmentation Fault in terminal.
I remember when I installed vlc, it asked whether I will use gstreamer or phonon, I did choose gstreamer. Now I tried reinstalling vlc and it didn't ask for that anymore.
Ok, I tried opening other mkv files and they worked (I don't know why all the time I thought that the file is 100% ok, apparently it wasn't). But that file was similar to any other files (just a new episode of one TV show).

P.S. I noticed that I can open that file with Windows and there are audio bugs, but It shows video well... Ahhh, the most important is that video codecs are fine on my arch, so let it be so! smile
A strange bug, but if it's like that only with one wrong file, then it's ok. Sorry about bothering you here about my strange file big_smile

Board footer