You are not logged in.

#1 2011-07-23 14:26:09

chiffre

Pulseaudio, Flash, internal Microphone wont work

On my Acer TravelMate 8371 everything works except the integrated Microphone while trying to start a VideoChat on Google+.

The microphone itself works just great, when I am recording via the audiorecorder in Gnome3. The VideoChat also works when I am using an external HeadSet. But when I try to use the integrated microphone, noone can hear me and the volumebar (in the chat-app) shows no input.

I have already (re)installed Flash and the pulseaudio-libs from the Mulitlib-Repos.

What else can I do?

#2 2011-07-23 17:28:23

azurerune

Re: Pulseaudio, Flash, internal Microphone wont work

1. Maybe trying checking in pavucontrol that the input source is from the integrated microphone?
2. Also, check in the GChat settings (do this from gmail chat, not google+ b/c its more stable atm) that 'default' is selected in the microphone input list. Otherwise try the other input selections.

best of luck

#3 2011-07-23 22:27:53

williamkray

i recently tried to use video chat on google+ and had issues.  turned out i just needed to update my googletalk plugin.  use whatever method you do for packages from AUR and double check it's up to date.

#4 2011-07-25 18:04:24

chiffre

azurerune wrote:

1. Maybe trying checking in pavucontrol that the input source is from the integrated microphone?
2. Also, check in the GChat settings (do this from gmail chat, not google+ b/c its more stable atm) that 'default' is selected in the microphone input list. Otherwise try the other input selections.

best of luck

Tried both, but none of it worked. hmm

williamkray wrote:

i recently tried to use video chat on google+ and had issues.  turned out i just needed to update my googletalk plugin.  use whatever method you do for packages from AUR and double check it's up to date.

I also tried updating the plugin - more exactly I did an update - but nothing changed.

Do you have any other ideas for me?

#5 2011-07-25 20:20:46

williamkray

what version of the plugin do you currently have? 

pacman -Q google-talkplugin

my current version is google-talkplugin 2.1.7.0-1 and solved my problems.  granted i'm on a different computer than yours, but it's worth a... well i guess it would be triple check.  your microphone works for everything else, which makes me think it is the plugin's problem.

#6 2011-07-25 21:41:55

chiffre

williamkray wrote:

my current version is google-talkplugin 2.1.7.0-1 and solved my problems.

My version is also 2.1.7.0-1

$ pacman -Q google-talkplugin
google-talkplugin 2.1.7.0-1

but I am out of luck here sad

Board footer