You are not logged in.

#1 2011-07-25 09:10:48

LRRR

[solved] xfce apple keyboard and media keys

Hi,

i've tried to get the media keys work under xfce. As layout i choosed the apple aluminium keyboard. Under the shortcuts i put

amixer set Master toogle : mute/unmute volume switch X86AudioMute
amixer set Master 10- : decrease volume X86AudioLowerVolume
amixer set Master 10+ : increase volume X86AudioRaiseVolume

The mute/unmute key seems to work. But the other don't work. Under audacious it worked when i choose plugins and enable a hotkey file.

How can i get it work in the whole system ? so that i can change the volume for chromium too ? And is there a programm who let me see what i have changed in the volume ? like in gnome ?

thanks

Last edited by LRRR (2011-07-26 11:14:52)

...Emperor of the planet Omicron Persei 8.

#2 2011-07-25 09:28:03

LRRR

Re: [solved] xfce apple keyboard and media keys

after i installed xfce4-notifyd the lower volume button works too. Only the Volume up button does'nt work sad

#3 2011-07-25 09:41:59

alez

Did you try xfce4-volumed? I would say remove those shortcuts and adjust the volumed daemon the way you will need if it's necessary as shown here
That worked way better for me than having the shortcuts (which i were using before discovering volumed) and will display notifications of the changes via xfce4-notifyd. Also, i think it's better to use amixer sset Master for shortcuts. You can also try with PCM which was needed for me as my card would'nt adjust with Master

Linux makes you a better person

#4 2011-07-26 11:13:43

LRRR

Yes that did the trick ! Thank you !

I installed xfce4-volumed from aur, and put volumed in /etc/rc.conf under the daemons section.

Before i did a xfconf-query -c xfce4-mixer -p /active-track --create -t string -s "Master"  smile smile smile

#5 2011-07-26 11:23:04

alez

Glad to help, and i would just point that you don't need to add volumed to rc.conf, rather on Session/autostarted apps. Anyway, for me it added itself after the first run.

Linux makes you a better person

Board footer