You are not logged in.

#1 2011-07-26 11:46:47

italoxp

Gnome 3 doesn't start = gnome-shell crashes

Well guys, I've been playing around with arch for a while, and now I have decided to test GNOME 3 by myself. So I installed gnome and gnome-extra packages, started gdm, logged into my user and... Nothing. GDM takes forever to start the session and... Well, it doesn't start the session at all. So I thought I could open gnome in the same way I open my openbox session, so I changed my exec ck-launch-session openbox-session in .xinitrc to exec ck-launch-session gnome-session.
I run startx and... Nothing! Well, it loads the wallpaper, and then the screen goes black and it says it couldn't load the session, asks me to try again.
So I realized I'd have to test some things. Well, running gnome-shell and metacity from console just shut down the X server!
And yes, I've searched in the forums, but the solutions I found didn't work for me. If you want me to post a log, or the packages installed... I dunno.
I wasn't using the testing repos when the error start. I upgraded and the error is still the same.

Guys, I just want to test this freak!

Sorry for my bad english, and thank you already

#2 2011-07-26 12:00:05

wonder
Developer
Website

Re: Gnome 3 doesn't start = gnome-shell crashes

can you post ~/.xsession-errors after you login via GDM?

Give what you have. To someone, it may be better than you dare to think.

Board footer