You are not logged in.

#1 2011-07-31 23:00:33

Vasher

Where did the filter box in Konqueror go in KDE 4.7?

Okay. I upgraded to KDE 4.7, and the filter box on the toolbar in Konqueror disappeared - the box that allowed you to filter which files you saw in the konqueror window in file mode. Looking through the toolbar configuration, I can't find it anywhere. The closest that I can find is a toolbar labeled "Extra Toolbar <DirFilter>", and a toolbar labeled "Filter Toolbar <DirFilter>". But all either of them has is "-- separator --". They're both empty.

IIRC, the filter box is supposed to be in extra/kdebase-konq-plugins, but I have it installed, and I can't find any other packages which are labeled as containing plugins for konqueror. Was the filter box removed in KDE 4.7? If so, that sucks big time, because that box is _insanely_ useful, but as far as I can tell, it's disappeared.

Does anyone know what might have happened to it or how to get it back?

#2 2011-08-01 00:46:24

ralvez
Website

Re: Where did the filter box in Konqueror go in KDE 4.7?

I have the filter "thingy" at the bottom of dolphin like I had it before the upgrade.
It seems like something went wrong with your upgrade...

R.

#3 2011-08-01 01:27:41

Vasher

ralvez wrote:

I have the filter "thingy" at the bottom of dolphin like I had it before the upgrade.
It seems like something went wrong with your upgrade...

R.

I don't think that they're at all related. The filter box is specifically a konqueror plugin, and it has been necessary to install a separate package with konqueror plugins in it in order to have it. I'm pretty sure that filter box in dolphin is there regardless. It's also a fair bit different, since it ends up at the bottom of the window, whereas the konqueror filter box is part of the toolbar. On top of that, when I just tried out dolphin's filter box (which _does_ show up on my system), it's case insensitive, but Konqueror's filter box has been cursed to be case sensitive for the entirety of KDE 4 thus far. So, unless they fixed that with KDE 4.7, there's no way that they're the same. This is very much a Konqueror issue, not a dolphin issue.

That being said, it's quite possible that something went wrong with my upgrade and that's the problem, but I want to avoid starting my configuration from scratch again if I can help it.

#4 2011-08-03 11:31:21

seld

Hi!

I am an openSUSE guy, but I can confirm that filter bar is missing in Konqueror in my system too after upgrade to KDE 4.7 (openSUSE 11.4). That happens not for the first time. Same thing happened with some earlier releases.That is sad.

This plugin resides in "konqueror-plugins" package (should be something similar for Arch, I guess). And the file is there: /usr/lib/kde4/dirfilterplugin.so . Though, as Vasher already noticed, this toolbar does not have any elements except separator.

Now there is a reason to leave another system with KDE 4.6.*, until this thing gets fixed. I wonder if there is any bug report for that.

UPDATE:

I filed a bug report:
https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=279281

And here is old openSUSE forum thread updated with new message:
http://forums.opensuse.org/english/get- … ost2371007

Last edited by seld (2011-08-03 12:09:25)

Board footer