You are not logged in.

#1 2011-08-06 17:33:40

saft

Elementary project

I've been seeing some fantastic looking apps being developed by the elementary project - plank, wingpanel, marlin, maya etc. There's a great screenshot here of a few of them with some links to their respective project home pages.

http://cassidyjames.deviantart.com/art/ … -217292021

A few of these bits of software are in the aur, but they all seem to be failing on me - some initially, some 2 or 3 levels of aur dependancies deep with ubuntu suffixes to package names and with versions of dependancies that can't be found.

I'm going to start posting up my errors into the respective aur items, but I was wondering if anyone else had an interest in these bits of software? I don't know a lot about things like launchpad, bzr and debian, my knowledge of linux as a whole extends only to maintaining my own systems really, but I suspect that these packages are quite ubuntu specific - if there's anything that can be done to help them run and depend more natively on what arch has to offer I think they'd be a great asset to our repos.

#2 2011-08-07 00:55:31

jeslinmx

Re: Elementary project

There are new elementary projects springing up every day, so chances are that you can't find it in the AUR yet/it is too unstable for anyone to have tried to put it there. Also since the project is still quite young, they are probably keeping their focus on elementary luna, which will be based on oneiric, hence the "ubuntu-specific" feeling.
I'm rather certain there are plenty of other elementary fans/potential elementary fans. The arch community has plenty of speed freaks (like me) and elementary is pretty fast. I can't wait for elementary luna!
By the way, how many of the build errors you've been getting are caused by Ubuntu aur packages as opposed to elementary ones?

Lenovo Y450 + Arch x86_64 dual boot with Windows 7 + Openbox standalone + Arch default kernel + Nouveau + yours truly = A lot of *****in' in the Arch Forums.

Board footer