You are not logged in.

#1 2011-08-07 11:35:21

Burroughs

KOrganizer 4.7.0: bugs, bugs and more bugs?

Happy Sunday to everyone! :-)

I'm quite disappointed by all the problems I'm having with KOrganizer (the most recent release, 4.7.0), one of the programs I use more extensively.
There's many things not working so I'd like to share all of this with you, hoping to fix it all or submitting as a bug.
The first thing I've noticed is that it's impossible to keep two calendars synchronized between two different computers: for many years I've used a script which, with a simple rysnc, was able to sync the file "std.ics", containing all the events of a single KDE calendar.
Now, instead, if I try to do this, I see that nothing changes on the destination computer, so I have to remove the calendar manually and import the iCal file.
All of this, though, is not enough, because, every time I import a new calendar into KOrganizer, a kdeinit error occurs, so I have to logout and start a KDE session back again.
Ok, you might say, is that all?
No, because, if I try to list all the events belonging to a specific period, that is all the times I went playing tennis between April 1st and April 30th, I cannot list the events in a chronological order, which makes the output appearing on the screen a little messy.
Can you confirm these problems so that I can submit them as bugs?
Thanks to all in advance,

Burroughs.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe" (Albert Einstein)

Board footer