You are not logged in.

#1 2011-08-10 01:30:08

Yami_Bas

Wireless NIC + DD WRT = network failure

Hello guys,

I've been walking with this problem for a while now. Every time I connect to my wireless while I'm on Archlinux my router jams, I can't even access it through 192.168.0.1 when I plug in a cable.

Info:
Wireless NIC: Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300
Router: TP-LINK WR-1043ND with the latest preSP2 DD-WRT
Terms: dd-wrt router will mean that the router runs dd-wrt and stock router will mean that the router runs the stock firmware.

Facts:
Connecting to the DD-WRT router with windows: no problem
Connecting to the stock router with windows/archlinux: no problem

Does anyone know what the problem could be?

P.S.: I won't go back to stock firmware, since the stock firmware has problems with port forwarding and I really need it.

#2 2012-01-11 01:39:44

QuantumApe

Re: Wireless NIC + DD WRT = network failure

I thought this problem was going to be extremely rare, but interestingly it seems I'm not the only one experiencing this. I thought i would note that I also have a Centrino 6300 AGN and am experiencing the same kicking of connections.

I’m using a Buffalo wzr-hp-ag300h and have tried two separate stock firmwares which are based off of dd-wrt. It also happens in both Ubuntu 32bit desktop 11.10 and Arch 686 version 2011.08.19. However the Windows 7 installation does not cause this effect. It happens when i connect using either the G or the A radio.

Apparently there have been some workarounds posted here:

http://thelinuxexperiment.com/guinea-pi … my-router/

Actually i am surprised it’s potentially so easy to crash a ddwrt router without even authenticating to it.

Board footer