You are not logged in.

#1 2011-08-10 16:25:01

whelk

GdkPixbuf Image type 'xpm' is not supported

This error is giving me all sorts of grief when trying to load various GUIs.  The one that drove me to decide I just can't ignore it is not being able to load the GUI for Wireshark.  Error is as follows:

GdkPixbuf-WARNING **: Error loading XPM image loader: Image type 'xpm' is not supported

I've installed everything I found under pacman -Ss gdk and pacman -Ss xpm.

After googling around I've found a few people with the same problem, but no resolutions.  Any help or pointing to promising leads would be greatly appreciated.

Edit:  I should probably provide the full error messaging.

(wireshark:5652): GdkPixbuf-WARNING **: Error loading XPM image loader: Image type 'xpm' is not supported

(wireshark:5652): GdkPixbuf-WARNING **: Error loading XPM image loader: Image type 'xpm' is not supported

(wireshark:5652): Gdk-CRITICAL **: IA__gdk_pixbuf_render_pixmap_and_mask_for_colormap: assertion `GDK_IS_PIXBUF (pixbuf)' failed

(wireshark:5652): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_image_set_from_pixmap: assertion `pixmap == NULL || GDK_IS_PIXMAP (pixmap)' failed

ERROR:stock_icons.c:232:stock_icons_init: assertion failed: (pixbuf)
Aborted

Last edited by whelk (2011-08-10 16:27:22)

#2 2011-08-10 20:55:59

cesura
Package Maintainer (PM)

Re: GdkPixbuf Image type 'xpm' is not supported

Maybe support for the xpm format is not included in the compilation of the Arch package (although I highly doubt that)? You could try having a look around the configure options, but this seems like an upstream bug to me.

#3 2012-05-08 10:19:38

Archchild

I've encountered this issue just now. When I launched gnuplot and plot something, the similar errors came up, googling for hours cannot help, finally I fixed this by reinstall gdk-pixbuf2, that's interesting! Hope to help you!

Regards,
--Tony

CPU: Intel Core i5-2410 2.3 GHz
Mem: 8 GB

#4 2012-05-08 14:27:52

bernarcher
Forum Fellow

Welcome to the forums, Archchild. Unfortunately, this is a rather old thread which we usually leave alone.
Please open a new thread for your problem and link back here if you feel it necessary.

And please read our Forum Etiquette.

Closing this thread.

To know or not to know ...
... the questions remain forever.

Board footer